Want to take the performance and productivity of your team to the next level?
The success of your organisation relies heavily on great communication. In my corporate career as an architect, we were expected to be able to speak and present well – yet I had never been taught these skills at university.
And it’s the same across most industries. I’ve trained and coached people in industries including technology, engineering, academia, finance, real estate and healthcare, and the challenge is always the same – they are technically skilled, but are lacking the ability to speak up, articulate themselves and present with confidence.
If you’re looking for a high-impact and enjoyable learning and development program to help your team reduce this skills gap, then my group workshops may be a great option for you.
My workshops are suitable for people who:
- Are smart, driven professionals
- Are in (or aspire to) mid to high level management or leadership roles
- Are required to lead meetings and teams, and/or present to stakeholders
- Are ready to take their career and professional growth to the next level
- Enjoy learning in a supportive group environment
How I work
I believe that people best learn when they are engaged, having fun and feel safe and supported. Which is why I always strive to create an inclusive, compassionate and enjoyable learning environment for all workshop participants.
Your team will be challenged to step outside their comfort zones, whilst being fully supported and encouraged by both myself and the other group members.
All workshops include a high level of practical implementation and practice – from my experience, skills tend to stick when they are practiced immediately. Participants will have ample opportunities to not only implement what they learn, but to also reflect and observe on their learning, and receive feedback.
Each workshop can run for a half day, full day or 2 days. I prefer to conduct training in-person, but I can also train via video call if in-person is not possible.
Results for your team include:
- Increased confidence in self and leadership capabilities.
- Higher visibility as an industry thought leader and expert
- Clear and consistent communication
- Higher levels of trust within teams
- Increased overall leadership effectiveness and productivity
- Higher levels of ability to influence and impact others
- Deeper awareness of self and others’ behaviour
- Greater ability to maintain engagement when speaking
- Stronger relationships with stakeholders
How your organisation will benefit:
- Higher levels of productivity and output of work
- Improved quality of work
- Happier staff and improved team morale
- Increased staff retention
- Increased sales, referrals and opportunities from stronger client relationships
- Higher levels of professionalism from your staff
- Stronger brand representation both within and outside the organisation
See below for the four key workshops I deliver. If you wish to have a mix of development areas for your team, that is absolutely fine – let’s chat about how I can tailor a workshop for you.
1. Speak Up & Lead
This program will equip participants with the tools and skills to speak up, be assertive and become an all-round more effective communicator and leader.
- Shift your limiting beliefs about yourself and your abilities
- How to show up with self-awareness and confidence
- How to articulate your thoughts and ideas clearly
- Skills for connecting powerfully with colleagues and clients
- Create a clear and compelling ‘personal pitch’ to explain your role and what you do
- Non-verbal & body language techniques to increase presence and authority
I have walked away with valuable tools that help me be more confident in general, speak up with confidence in any situation, understand who I am speaking to and adjust my style for more effective communication. I have also networked for the first time! One of my colleagues has already noticed, saying: “I can see differences in your confidence level and assertiveness when you communicate and present.”
– Kellie, workshop participant
2. Impactful Public Speaking
Participants will learn the mindset and skills to prepare and deliver presentations that are persuasive and engaging, but also authentic to them.
- How to create a strong mindset for increased confidence and less anxiety
- How to plan and structure a presentation
- Creating a clear and compelling message
- Storytelling skills and why it’s ok to be vulnerable
- Body language techniques for projecting confidence (even when you’re not feeling it!)
- Techniques for answering Q&A with conviction
Christina makes you feel at ease and speaks from experience, which makes the workshop
super informative and valuable. I definitely recommend her to anyone who wants to present
better, whether it’s their first presentation or 100th — it suits all levels.
– Matt, workshop participant
3. Working Well with Others
Teamwork makes the dream work! In this workshop, participants will learn skills to build productive working relationships with everyone from colleagues and senior management to external partners and clients.
- Why we get along with some people but not others
- How to understand your stakeholders’ needs and wants
- Techniques for building rapport
- How to facilitate productive meetings
- How to work effectively with different communication styles
- Communication tools for having difficult conversations
I’d like to thank Christina for the wonderful workshop that she ran for my team. As designers, it’s vital for us to be able to communicate effectively with a broad range of people from across the business. Christina provided the team with a few simple techniques that I’m confident the team will be able to take away and implement in their day-to-day. It was a fun and interactive workshop. I can happily recommend Christina as a trainer/speaker. She is a terrific communicator and facilitator.
– Robert Sherer, SEEK.com
4. Introduce Yourself With Impact
Ensure your business and brand are represented effectively and consistently with this fun workshop. Participants write and practice their own ‘personal introduction’ they can use in presentations, meetings, networking events, even social barbecues!
- Why you are not your job title
- Discover and clearly communicate your value
- How to articulate what you ‘do’ in your role and the results you create
- How to talk about yourself in a way that feels good
- Skills for making small talk (and enjoying it!)
The long-term results of Christina’s workshop for Vision Australia have been amazing. Even the most shy person got up and spoke to a roomful of people, confidently talking about themselves, their dreams and challenges and the impact the program had on them. The workshop Christina ran laid a very solid foundation that introduced the participants to key communication concepts. But the most important thing was the way Christina used her deep experience and knowledge to help the participants rapidly get confident with the techniques. I would highly recommend Christina!
– Trudy Rankin, Vision Australia / West Island Digital
What participants will be given:
- High levels of group interaction
- Lots of opportunities to implement their new skills
- Individual attention and support from Christina
- Worksheets provided during the session
- Complimentary access to exclusive online video Masterclasses after the training
About your trainer
Hi there! I’m Christina Canters. I’m a communication skills speaker, trainer and coach. In 2013 I left a promising career in architecture to start The C Method, as well as my podcast Stand Out Get Noticed, which is all about helping ambitious professionals to communicate powerfully.
Since then, the podcast has received over 2 million downloads across 280 episodes, which I am quite proud of! I am also the CEO of Australia’s premier podcast development and training company, Podcast Services Australia.
My training consists of a mix of technical skills and mindset work. Participants are encouraged to self reflect, and we work to shift any limiting beliefs that may be stopping them from achieving their desired outcomes.
Looking for something else?
- For individual coaching, please see my Coaching page.
- For keynote speaking and MC services, please see my Speaking page.
Who have I worked with?
I have had the pleasure of working with many talented and ambitious professionals from industries including: STEM, orthopaedics, management consulting, architecture, education, superannuation and agile consulting. Participants in my programs have been from companies including: