Charismatic leadership – is it something you’re born with, or is it a skill you can learn?
In this episode, I am thrilled to share this conversation I had with executive coach and former professional actor Chris Morsley.
Chris’ mission is to help leaders be both inspirational and authentic so that they can expand more businesses, build stronger relationships, and motivate people into action.
He works as an executive coach/trainer and teaches his clients how to be charismatic leaders both in work and in life. Chris also guides them on how to uncover the unlimited possibilities of who they are and how they lead people.
In this conversation, Chris shares what it means to be charismatic, and how it can help you become more influential as a leader. This episode is for you even if you don’t think you are naturally charismatic!
Notes from the episode:
- “You are pure potential. You can choose every step you take in life.”
- “Charisma is not a gift. It’s a choice.” Listen to hear Chris’ story about Russell Crowe – the most charismatic AND uncharismatic person you’ll ever meet.
- Charismatic leadership is not about you – it’s about the other person.
- Most CEOs don’t want to see another powerpoint or a formal presentation! They want your personality.
- Why you need less detail and more strategy when presenting high level.
- When rehearsing, start where your energy is, NOT the beginning.
- It’s important to care and not to care – care more about rehearsal and not about performance.
- But you need to know HOW to rehearse.
- When rehearsing – “Be that person you can imagine being”
- Exaggerate your emotions and actions in the rehearsal. Do it every day. You’ll build emotional and muscle memory.
- Great communicators are able to command, compel and connect.
- How to connect: MAKE EYE CONTACT with your audience
Connect with Chris:
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/chris-morsley-5093814
- Instagram: @chrismorsleyexeccoach
- Tiktok: @chrisexeccoach