This podcast content is for members of The C Method Academy only. The C Method Academy is our monthly members-only training and accountability program. Members get access to exclusive podcast content, Masterclass 'mini courses', Live Coaching Calls and our private community platform. If you want to rapidly develop your confidence, communication and leadership skills, I invite you to join us! Click here to learn more and join The Academy
Do you want to start a project but don’t have any ideas? Or maybe you have so many ideas you don’t know which one to pick?
In this episode, Joshua Spodek, author of INITIATIVE: A Proven Method to Bring Your Passions to Life, joins me to discuss why people often struggle to find their passion, what holds people back from starting projects, and the steps required for bringing a successful passion project or business idea to life.
These are incredibly valuable skills you can use whether you’re a budding entrepreneur or looking to advance your career.
You will discover:
- Why the problem isn’t with a lack of ideas, it’s more around having the appropriate social and emotional skills to work with others and iterate the idea to a point of success.
- Why you might want to start a project (even if you’re not traditionally ‘entrepreneurial’)
- Josh’s story of feeling trapped in his career – even with five Ivy League degrees
- What is initiative? And how the skills of initiative can be applied in the workplace AND in entrepreneurship
- Why we hide what we care about
- Most of the time, we’re not aware of the passions we have. Initiative helps us to discover them.
- How to talk to experts and high-profile in the field – and not feel intimidated
- Tips for courageous outreach
Joshua Spodek PhD MBA is an incredibly accomplished and inspiring human. He has taught, practiced, and coached leadership and entrepreneurship at Columbia, NYU, and private corporations for nearly two decades, to teaching awards and stellar student reviews. He holds five Ivy-League degrees, including a PhD in Astrophysics.
He wrote the bestselling book Leadership Step by Step, hosts the award-winning Leadership and the Environment podcast, and writes a column at Inc. He and his projects have been featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and most major broadcast outlets.
He does burpees every day (so far at 130,000 and counting), and walks his talk when it comes to doing things for the environment, including: picking up at least one piece of litter a day, he doesn’t fly or buy food wrapped in packaging.