This podcast content is for members of The C Method Academy only. The C Method Academy is our monthly members-only training and accountability program. Members get access to exclusive podcast content, Masterclass 'mini courses', Live Coaching Calls and our private community platform. If you want to rapidly develop your confidence, communication and leadership skills, I invite you to join us! Click here to learn more and join The Academy
This is Part III in the podcast series on communicating with different personality styles.
In this episode, I share with you how to work and communicate effectively with ‘The Socializer’: the ‘big ideas’, energetic, relationships-focused person. If you missed Parts I and II, click below to listen:
The Socializer is also known as the ‘peacock’, the ‘influencer’, the ‘promoter’ or the ‘yellow’ personality style.
What do they look like?
- You’ll often find socialisers in public relations, entertainment, MC or host positions, in sales and teaching. Many visionary entrepreneurs are socialisers – Richard Branson being a key example.
- You’ll most likely find socialisers talking to people, whether at work or out and about at events, and barely at their desks
- They’re most likely running late for meetings, often due to be held up talking to someone
- Work and life blend together, so they have no problem having colleagues who are friends and friends who are colleagues
- They make good eye contact, will often be very expressive with their face, often smiley
- They tend to walk with a bounce in their step, always aware of the people around them, and always checking out who they should say hi to.
- They take pride in their appearance, like to wear something that is a bit different or stands out
- Focuses on relationships, rather than tasks
- LOVES making small talk, and especially talking about themselves
- Their emails and text messages read the same way they speak, and are peppered with exclamation marks and smiley faces
Things you need to know about them:
- They have a very short attention span. They get bored easily if something presented to them isn’t fun or exciting
- Rapport always comes first before results
Listen to the episode to find out:
- Why it’s important you learn to communicate with a Socializer
- How to present to them – to keep them engaged and get them on board with your ideas
- How to approach them and ask them questions
- How to respond to questions from them
- …plus more!