This podcast content is for members of The C Method Academy only. The C Method Academy is our monthly members-only training and accountability program. Members get access to exclusive podcast content, Masterclass 'mini courses', Live Coaching Calls and our private community platform. If you want to rapidly develop your confidence, communication and leadership skills, I invite you to join us! Click here to learn more and join The Academy
This is Part IV in the podcast series on communicating with different personality styles.
In this episode, I share with you how to work and communicate effectively with ‘The Analyzer’ and ‘The Supporter’. If you missed Parts I, II and III, click below to listen:
What does The Analyzer look like?
- Task and process driven, perfectionist, loves details
- Tend to have serious, thoughtful face, as they are usually deep in thought
- Speaks quietly and doesn’t show much emotion
- Focuses on tasks and results, rather than relationships
- Doesn’t make a lot of small talk. Tends to be quite guarded and won’t share much about themselves unless they really trust you
- Analysers can be: engineers, research scientists, accountants or auditors, technicians programmers, any role that requires precision, details or numbers.
- Analysers in leadership positions can often be difficult to work with, as they tend to micro manage – they strive for perfection, so they end up doing all the work themselves and find it hard to delegate.
What does The Supporter look like?
- Big on relationships – is more interested in how other people are doing than themselves
- Wants everyone to get along and to keep the peace
- Works well in a team
- Strives to keep the peace; doesn’t like conflict
- Open, kind face. Makes good eye contact, and very good at listening
- Very patient, courteous and friendly
- Will tend to ask about you first before talking about themselves
- Photos of family and friends on their desks
- Gets flustered by pushy, aggressive behaviour
- Doesn’t like risk. Certainty and stability is very important to them.
- You may see supporters in roles such as: social worker, community service, personal assistant or secretary, customer service, teacher, family doctor or nurse
Listen to the episode to find out:
- Why it’s important you learn to communicate with an Analyzer and Supporter
- How to present to them – to keep them engaged and get them on board with your ideas
- How to approach them and ask them questions
- How to respond to questions from them
- …plus more!
- Colour Code Personality Test
- Dove, Owl, Peacock, Eagle (DOPE) test
- How To Fascinate Test (slightly different to what we’ve been talking about, but still really useful. Use code ‘schoolofgreatness’ to get it free)
- Mastering the Personality Matrix (A great podcast interview by Lewis Howes & Chris Lee)