If you want to build your personal brand, get noticed at work and get the best results from your team, meetings and presentations, you need to pay attention to how you ‘show up’.
And when I say ‘show up’, I mean:
Are you bringing the best version of yourself?
When you stand up to present, when you join a meeting, when you go out for lunch, even when you simply walk in the door…are you the energetic, passionate, committed version of yourself, or are you the low energy, scruffy, bored version of yourself?
Whichever version you choose to be, know that it makes a huge difference to your confidence, the way you’re perceived, and the effectiveness of your communication.
In this episode, I share why it’s important to show up as your best self, both mentally and physically, in all areas of your life — and how to do it.
Notes from the episode:
- The first step is to understand that you have a choice: you can CHOOSE to show up as your ‘bigger’ or ‘smaller’ self.
- Decide how you want to be perceived — how do you want others to see you when you show up, both at work, and in life
- Write down what you’re grateful for. Include this in a morning routine. Every morning, I wake up and go for a walk. And I ask myself the following questions, out loud (when no one’s there, of course!): What am I grateful for today? What am I excited about today? What am I happy about today?
- Take care of your health. This is a big one, but I’ve discovered that if I’m not eating well, exercising, taking care of my physical health, I get tired, cranky, and that’s definitely not the best version of me.
- Take pride in your physical appearance. Wear what you feel comfortable in, but not to the point of wearing baggy, unflattering clothes. Yes, they may be comfortable, but do you feel ready to do work, present in a meeting, or speak with a client?
- For me, showing up well in the way I present myself is super important to my own confidence and productivity.