This podcast content is for members of The C Method Academy only. The C Method Academy is our monthly members-only training and accountability program. Members get access to exclusive podcast content, Masterclass 'mini courses', Live Coaching Calls and our private community platform. If you want to rapidly develop your confidence, communication and leadership skills, I invite you to join us! Click here to learn more and join The Academy
Do you dislike dealing with conflict?
Perhaps you don’t ask for what you really want, out of fear of being judged. Or perhaps you agree with what everyone else wants so as not to step on anyone’s toes or create an argument.
If this sounds like you, I am SO excited you are here, because in this episode, you’re going to discover a way of communicating that will help you to have difficult conversations AND stand up for yourself in a way that feels good for both you and the other person.
It’s called ‘Nonviolent Communication’ (abbreviated to NVC), and I first learned about it in the book of the same name by Marshall B Rosenberg.
I LOVED the book – it really opened up my eyes to the way communication can be.
Now, as I still have my NVC training wheels on, I invited NVC expert Marianne Van Dijk on the podcast to join in the discussion.
Marianne is the founder of Cup Of Empathy, where she trains and coaches people from all around the world on how to improve their relationships and lives through the nonviolent style of communication – which she prefers to call ‘connecting communication’.
I found Marianne through her amazing YouTube videos, make sure you check them out here.
In this conversation, you will discover:
- What is non violent communication?
- Why is it so powerful?
- Marianne’s journey from living with depression and burnout, and NVC helped her create a happier, more connected life
- Why good communication starts with how you communicate to yourself
- The 4 steps to having a connecting conversation, where you can ask for what you want and express yourself without conflict.
- How to get started in NVC
Connect with Marianne:
- Visit her website (she also runs free webinars on NVC)
- Check out her videos on YouTube
- Download her needs and emotions cards here