This podcast content is for members of The C Method Academy only. The C Method Academy is our monthly members-only training and accountability program. Members get access to exclusive podcast content, Masterclass 'mini courses', Live Coaching Calls and our private community platform. If you want to rapidly develop your confidence, communication and leadership skills, I invite you to join us! Click here to learn more and join The Academy
This week I learn how to sing in public.
In preparation for my upcoming busking challenge (that is, to perform on the streets of Melbourne with my ukulele), I enlisted the help of my friend, professional musician and singing teacher Caity Fowler.
Caity has been a musician for years in the band Playwrite, and has recently launched her solo act, Spriit.
She is also a yoga teacher in training, which means she brings a very holistic, calming approach to her teaching, which you will hear in the episode.
Caity shares a lot of tips that you can use when you’re speaking in public, not just singing!
In this episode you will discover:
- How to breathe properly to calm your nerves
- How the way we feel when we speak or sing affects the way we feel in general
- How to loosen up your jaw, throat and mouth
- Why you should practice ‘drunk’ singing (and listen to us demonstrate!)
- My ‘before’ and ‘after’ singing performance – hear the difference!
Also check out:
- Caity’s solo act ‘Spriit’ on Facebook
- Spriit on Instagram
- Connect with Caity: spriit.music[at]gmail[dot]com
- Caity’s band ‘Playwrite’