Want to build your professional presence and profile? Or perhaps you may be out of work, or thinking about a career change.
While the job market may not be thriving at the moment, it’s still very important for you to build your profile so you can hit the ground running once the market bounces back.
And one of the best ways (in my opinion) to build your profile online is to create content – whether in the form of articles, images, a blog, videos or podcasts.
But when I tell people this, I’m usually met with cries of “Oh but I don’t have anything important to say!” or “But I don’t have a website!” or “Who would want to read what I think?”
I totally get it! Before I started my first blog, I had the exact same thoughts : ‘There are so many blogs already on this topic. Why would anyone read mine?’
But with some encouragement from some very wise people, I got started. From that blog, I built the confidence to create videos, and eventually, a podcast.
Now, the Stand Out Get Noticed podcast has over 1.8 million downloads, and my YouTube channels have over 250,000 views. And I now run a successful podcast development company helping businesses and organisations to create their own engaging podcast content.
I think that’s pretty cool!
So in this episode, I want to show you that, yes, your thoughts DO deserve to be heard, and you CAN create content. I share my own content creator journey, as well as tips for getting started.
If you’re still not convinced to listen, check out some of the other reasons why creating content can benefit you:
- Positions you as a thought leader
- Builds your personal brand – for what you WANT to be known for
- Develops your communication skills
- Expand your network – interviewing people is a great excuse to get your foot in the door!
- Makes you more desirable to your current and future employers – shows you are proactive and driven
- It gets you out of your comfort zone and helps you build a thicker skin
- It’s incredibly rewarding and gives you a wonderful sense of accomplishment
…need I go on?
Listen to the episode to get the full story and the ‘how to’!
PS: A big shout out to Naishadh Gadani and Karalyn Brown for having me on their linkedin live last week to talk about how to communicate like a pro. Click here to listen to the episode.