This podcast content is for members of The C Method Academy only. The C Method Academy is our monthly members-only training and accountability program. Members get access to exclusive podcast content, Masterclass 'mini courses', Live Coaching Calls and our private community platform. If you want to rapidly develop your confidence, communication and leadership skills, I invite you to join us! Click here to learn more and join The Academy
Is this really happening? Has Stand Out Get Noticed actually hit 100 episodes?
I was expecting fireworks or something to burst out of my laptop when I hit ‘publish’ this morning…but they didn’t. So I’m just celebrating quietly. With a cup of tea.
Anyway, I’m taking this opportunity to reflect on the lessons learned from the last 100 episodes (and podcasting in general). And to help me, I’m bringing my super cool sister Lizzay Canters back on the show. Lizzay is remarkable in many ways, one of them being she ran a daily YouTube show for an entire 4 months. And I thought my once-a-week schedule was hectic!
So I thought it would be appropriate to hear her opinions on the importance of sticking to something, how to grow your confidence over time, and how to know when to pivot.
While I’m here, I also want to say a big THANK YOU to you for being a listener, follower and supporter. You’re the reason I run this show, and your support is what inspires me to keep making this show better and better, so much so that it now receives 12,000 average monthly downloads! So big thanks, rock star 🙂
In this episode you will discover:
- Why I stopped my first podcast, Presentation Skills For Design Students, which launched in November 2013 and ran for 39 episodes
- If I considered ending that podcast a ‘failure’
- What I would have done differently
- My top tips for running a successful show
- Why not caring what people think of you is so important
- How I come up with new ideas for the podcast
- …plus much more!
- I also perform my ukulele version of ‘Call Me Maybe’, a dedication to my new friend and listener Jing 🙂
- My first show for design students
- Lizzay’s SNOWrise YouTube show
- Lizzay’s online personal training business, Fearless Movement Collective, for people in the LGBTIQ community
- Also check out the solo podcast Lizzay hosted when I was in Vietnam
- I’ll be speaking at the upcoming Toastmasters Convention in Melbourne