As a kid, Chad Bostick discovered he enjoyed talking to computers way more that talking to people.
But as an adult, he realised that avoiding social interactions was not going to help him live a happy, fulfilled life.
In this episode, Chad shares the story of how he overcame his shyness and built up his self confidence to eventually meet the woman of his dreams, get promoted at work and start a 7 day-a-week interview-based podcast.
If you are an introvert, I hope this episode inspires you to start having more conversations. And if you’re NOT an introvert, this episode will help you to understand how introverts think – which will help you to communicate better with them. Meaning less frustration and more productivity at work. Aww yeah!
Notes from the episode:
- Listen to Chad’s story about how playing Dungeons and Dragons helped his communication skills
- On podcasting: “Just do it, you’re gonna suck at the beginning, but you’re gonna suck less tomorrow.”
- His story from moving from a tiny town to a big city as a kid and how it affected his confidence
- “I’ve always been the guy who sits in the corner and watches the party.”
- How during his mid-twenties, he was forced to make a change to include more social interaction in his life
- How online dating helped his confidence
- How his wife helped him to communicate better at work
- Why moving into a leadership position at work was one of the best things he’s done professionally
- “I realised the people side is much more fulfilling for me.”
- Chad also shares his advice for introverted people who want to make the switch from the ‘technical’ to the ‘people’ side of work.
Connect with Chad: