What does it take to get comfortable with your own voice, and be vulnerable with people you’ve never met before?
In this episode, I am beyond excited for you to meet Tiffanee Cook, who is a performance and mindset coach, champion boxer and host of the spectacularly successful podcast, Roll with the Punches.
Since launching the show only 2 years ago, Tiff has produced 474 episodes and counting. Today, Tiff shares what she’s learned about communication, vulnerability and overcoming obstacles through meeting and interviewing so many unique people.
If you’re thinking about doing interviews for a podcast, an instagram live, or even simply having a conversation with someone new to learn something from them, Tiff has many gold nuggets of wisdom to share – and not just about interviews, but also about life!
She’s here to share what she’s learned from conducting over 430 podcast interviews – about everything from communication and interview prep, to overcoming challenges and life in general!
In this episode, you will discover:
- How Tiff started her podcasting journey with no prior experience
- The importance of listening and being curious in order to be a successful interviewer
- The value of vulnerability and authenticity in both podcasts and personal relationships
- Why naivety can be a gift – using genuine curiosity can work as an interview style.
- Planning vs not planning – striking that balance
- Tiff’s thoughts on having a podcast plan – “Having a podcast plan is like having a life jacket”.
- Trust in your own process
- If you’re curious and there to listen, then you won’t go wrong.
- Listen to her interview with Dr Bill Episode 168, which took Tiff a month to publish!
- What has Tiff learned about communication
- “I’m a different person and live in a different world based on what I’ve learned.”
- Listen to Craig Harper on the You Project Podcast
- “Show up, be yourself, make your guest comfortable, so you’re in a conversation”