Do you ever feel like you don’t have anything interesting to share? Or do you worry that others will think your ideas are stupid?
Have you ever said: “I’m not an expert!” or “Oh, it’s no big deal”, or “It’s not that important” when others have commented on something marvellous you’ve said or done?
I think we have all doubted the knowledge, experiences and value we offer at some point.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen people hold themselves back from expressing themselves, purely because they didn’t think it was “worth sharing”.
Well, all of that is about to change! This week on the podcast, we are on a mission to help you believe that you are FASCINATING and have interesting things to say – to the point where you feel inspired to share your experience and ideas with others.
And I am absolutely thrilled to have the wonderful Maxine Cunningham joining me on the show to bring her fabulous energy and wisdom to you!
Maxine is the CEO and co-founder of Pick My Brain, an online tool that makes it easy and fun for smart and creative people to share more of what they know with others in totally new ways.
Her purpose and mission in life is to help make the world’s Brains more uniquely available, accessible and useful to society.
This episode is for you if you want to want to build your professional presence and brand, stand out in the workplace, be more of service to others, express yourself with courage, or put yourself out more into the world.
In this episode, we explore:
- Why do people freak out about sharing part of themselves?
- Why the value you offer is so much more than your professional ‘expertise’
- Why we all feel like we don’t have something useful to share.
- Why what comes ‘naturally’ to us we don’t see as a big deal
- It’s scary to believe in your value, it takes courage to express to others that you ARE good at this.
- Once you UNDERSTAND your value you can distribute it effectively
- “It’s our DUTY to consistently check in with ourselves and understand the value we offer”
- “We deserve to do the deeper work to discover and articulate what makes us unique”
- Why is it scary to know and admit what we’re good at?
- How to start discovering what you’re good at
- Why you only have to be one or two steps ahead to be able to help something else
- Don’t say “But I’m not…” – think about: What ARE you? Are people looking for a ‘qualified xyz’? Who is something actually looking for?
Connect with Maxine:
- Browse the ‘Brains’ on Pick My Brain
- View Maxine’s Pick My Brain profile and book in for a coffee and a conversation!
- Follow Maxie on Instagram