This podcast content is for members of The C Method Academy only. The C Method Academy is our monthly members-only training and accountability program. Members get access to exclusive podcast content, Masterclass 'mini courses', Live Coaching Calls and our private community platform. If you want to rapidly develop your confidence, communication and leadership skills, I invite you to join us! Click here to learn more and join The Academy
Do you lack confidence with striking up conversations?
Communication skills expert and serial conversationalist Andrew Lovick is here to help.
I met Andrew (@Lovicksandiego) at Social Media Marketing World 2014 in San Diego, and was blown away by his energy, generosity and natural ability to really engage with people in conversation. I just HAD to get him on the show!
In this episode, Andrew and I talk about why it’s so important to practice approaching people, and what you can do to make it much less awkward.
You will also discover:
- Why there is a stigma behind talking to and approaching strangers
- What’s the worst that could happen if we do get ‘rejected’?
- Why we should practice approaching people, and how it can help you when looking for a job!
- Andrew’s tips on how to not appear creepy when approaching someone for the first time!
- Simple tips for starting a conversation with a stranger
- Why we should be building HUMAN face to face connections – and how it can help you stand out from the crowd
- What do to if you don’t feel you’re ‘clicking’ with someone and the conversation is stalling
- Why sporting matches are a great place to practice your communication skills
- …and much more!