This podcast content is for members of The C Method Academy only. The C Method Academy is our monthly members-only training and accountability program. Members get access to exclusive podcast content, Masterclass 'mini courses', Live Coaching Calls and our private community platform. If you want to rapidly develop your confidence, communication and leadership skills, I invite you to join us! Click here to learn more and join The Academy
Do you think hypnotherapy is all about luring you into a trance and making you cluck like a chicken?
Think again! On this episode, I’m very excited to welcome back to the show clinical hypnotherapist Dr. Steve Carey.
Steve has many years and thousands of clients’ worth of experience in the field of Clinical Hypnotherapy. He specialises in helping clients stop smoking (and other substance abuse issues) and in treating anxiety and stress.
He also works with clients looking to improve performance, whether studying for exams, improving their sports performance or in the workplace.
I met Steve when he was teaching Business and Professional Communications at Melbourne University when I was studying architecture, and he was the first person I ever interviewed for my first podcast back in 2013! Check it out:
I should also mention that Steve was the person who first taught me that communication is a SKILL you can learn, which got me started on this journey. If it weren’t for him, I wouldn’t be doing what I’m doing today — and this podcast literally would not exist.
We spend the first part of the conversation talking about how Steve got into hypnotherapy and how he thought it was all a bit silly until he tried it, and then we talk about how he helps clients with building confidence and how we can retrain our minds to help us handle nerve wracking situations like public speaking or social events.
In this conversation you’ll discover:
- Why Steve was drawn to hypnotherapy
- Steve’s confidence tips
- The mindset shifts you can make to be a better communicator and be more confident in social situations
- “We compare our insides with other people’s outsides. We can’t directly experience things from anyone else, it’s only what they present to the world.”
- Why people really don’t notice much about you — so stop caring so much!
- ….plus much more!
Connect with Steve:
- Give him a call: 0423 793 887
- Email: email@example.com
- Send him an email with “The C Method Offer” in the subject line and he’ll send you a free recording of a live hypnotherapy session specifically for reducing anxiety and increasing performance!
- Learn more about what he does at the Academy of Hypnotic Science