Have you ever wanted to have more influence over the phone?
My guest this week is Richard Blank, CEO of Costa Rica’s Call Centre. He is a master of the cold call, and has trained over 10,000 telemarketers to improve their communication techniques over the phone.
Richard is here to share his powerful techniques for improving your ability to lead and influence in conversation – and some of them are much simpler than you think!
This will benefit you if you want to build better relationships and be more persuasive with your team, senior managers and clients.
“I love to allow people to feel more comfortable with me, to become more engaged in a conversation. This is not a lecture, and I’m not just checking off boxes and interrogating you. It’s a conversation. And it’s I mean, I don’t learn anything new when I speak. I love hearing what other people have to say to see what I have in common.”
This is Richard Blank’s story…
My name is Richard Blank and I’m the CEO of Costa Rica’s Call Center. I’m skilled in reading phonetic micro expressions and use this to my advantage when speaking with people, especially over the phone.
I’ve found that by using someone’s name, asking how their company is doing, and sharing interesting facts about myself, I’m able to build rapport and influence the person I’m speaking with. This has been beneficial in both my personal and professional life.
In this episode, you will discover:
- Phonetics is the purest form of communication, the sound of speech, not the semantics or even the tone.
- The tone of voice should always be positive and empathetic.
- 0 seconds to 2 minutes is the best time to gauge a person.
- How to gauge someone. They discuss some of the techniques they use to do it.
- Richard believes in open-ended questions and specific name drops.
- He also believes in the art of speech and meeting minutes to avoid conflict.
- Richard’s advice to people is to be authentic.
- When he was in his 20s, he tried to change his personality for a job interview, but he realised it was not going to work for him. Now he allows people to grow naturally.
- He believes that people that feel seen, they feel heard, and they feel like they matter through the way that they communicate with others.
Connect with Richard:
Watch the full video here:
- How To Influence People – Without Using Manipulation [Episode 115]
- Watch Your Language! How Words Can Impact Your Influence And Confidence [Episode 87]